Join one of our local wine experts on a stroll through the backstreets of Piazza Farnese and Campo di Fiori with scheduled stops at different locales to taste and learn about wine and food pairings. Your guide will introduce you to some of the most charming wine bars of Rome, with their intimate atmospheres and walls lined with a breath-taking assortment of wines and spirits.
* Sommelier/Guide for duration of tour
* A glass of bubbly with nibbles
* Two (2) glasses of white wine with meats and cheeses
* Two (2) glasses of red wine with traditional Italian snacks
* Learn the history of wine and food culture
* Taste varieties indigenous to Italy as well as those internationally known
* Unravel the elements of wine & food leading to the understanding of how to pair the two to your taste
At dusk, the enoteca (wine bars) of Rome come to life as locals and travellers stop in to enjoy a glass of wine, paired with a selection of cheeses or salumi (cured meats). At these locales you can get a taste of the history of wine in Italy, which dates back to 1000 BC when the Ancient Greeks conquered the Mediterranean basin and introduced the grapevine to southern Italy. In the 3000 years since it has become an intrinsic part of Italian literature, culture and art, and today Italy is the top producer of wine in the world. Discover the basics of Italian wines, from regional differences to the principles of food pairing and acquire the confidence to select the right bottle from any wine menu or supermarket shelf.
Enjoy a convivial evening, proudly brought to you by Rome Walks.
This 3 hour walking tour is available:
Monday to Sunday starting at 12 pm and 6 pm.
2 People 425 Euro
3 People 490 Euro
4 People 555 Euro
5 People 685 Euro
6 People 750 Euro
Please inquire for larger groups.
Hotel pick up available at an additional cost and alternative preferred start times can be arranged, for further information please email your inquiry.